What is the best way of storing my kayak?
- For long-term storage and to prevent hull deformation, your kayak should be kept on its side or upside down, on a padded rack with bars placed on or near the bulk heads.
- Take care to protect it from long – term exposure to the sun or extreme heat, which can degrade any material and cause permanent damage.
- You may also want to cover the cockpit to guard against dust, debrisand small animals setting up homes.
- Always make sure that your kayak is dry before you store if for winter and leave the drain plug open for ventilation.
- Avoid using the carrying handles to hang / support the kayak for storage.